Hotel Continental S.r.l. – Via Roma 16, 31100 Treviso (TV) – P.IVA 00177460268 – REA: TV 63796
In compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament.
A) DATA COLLECTION
We wish to inform you that the personal data that you submit in the context of our contractual relation will be processed by HOTEL CONTINENTAL S.R.L. Via Roma 16, 31100 Treviso (Italy) – hereinafter the “Hotel” – for the purposes described below.
You hereby confirm and guarantee the truth and accuracy of the data provided and that they reflect your current status. In this regard, you undertake to notify us of any changes to these data in accordance with the procedure established in section E. Rights of the interested party.
B) PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We inform you that your data will be processed by the Hotel for the following purposes:
- Based on the contractual agreement:
- To manage your booking through any of the channels provided to this effect and to process your registration as a Hotel customer, and for the subsequent business relation with you
- To manage, maintain and effectively control the relation resulting from having contracted the Hotel goods or services.
- To proceed to charge the designated amounts in the event of a booking cancellation outside the established time frame, as appropriate.
- To manage customers’ stay at the hotel, in addition to providing the services requested during their visit, which includes, among other aspects, preparation of the visit and dealing with any requests made during their stay. For this purpose, we may request data, such as the age of any minors who are guests in order to prepare the room with a cot, if needed, or any pertinent health data of guests required to manage their stay in an adequate manner, and to prepare the appropriate food menus. This also includes invoicing and charging for services consumed during their stay.
- Based on legal obligations:
- To notify the public authorities or regulatory or government bodies in those cases where it is necessary to so under law, local by-laws or in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Based on the Hotel’s legitimate interests
- To carry out commercial actions and/or advertising communications through any medium including digital or equivalent communications relating to goods or services similar to those contracted with the Hotel.
- To create profiles based on the personal data available to the Hotel in order to ascertain the goods and services most appropriate to your profile, thus maximizing their results and in this way offering you the best of any goods and services of interest to you.
- To carry out customer satisfaction surveys with the goods and/or services you have contracted in order to assess your satisfaction so that the Hotel can improve its processes and services.
- To manage, process and respond to any possible complaints or claims.
C) ADDRESSEES OF DATA COMMUNICATION
The Hotel may communicate your personal data in the terms described in section B. Purposes of processing to the following entities:
- Public authorities or regulatory or government bodies in those cases where it is necessary to do so under law, in accordance with local bylaws or in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Third party entities for the purposes described in section f) iii) Legitimate Interest, and sections b) and c) iv) Consent and collection in Section B. Purposes of the treatment.
Aside from the aforementioned data communications, the Hotel also collaborates with some third party service providers who have access to your personal data and who process the aforementioned data on behalf of the Hotel as a result of a provision of services.
The Hotel pursues strict selection criteria for its service providers in order to comply with its obligations in data protection matters and undertakes to enter into the corresponding data processing agreements through which, among other obligations, it shall impose the following requirements, application of technical and organizational means; processing of personal data for the agreed purposes and only in accordance with written instructions from the Hotel; and deleting or returning data to the Hotel when the provision of services is complete.
Specifically, the Hotel will contract the provision of service from third party suppliers who, by way of example without limitation, perform their activity in the following sectors: legal advisory services, payment processing services, professional service companies, companies relating to maintenance, technological service providers, IT service providers, physical and digital security, instant messaging and call center companies.
D) RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY
You may revoke the consent granted in the cases indicated in this document at any time, on request. We inform you that, pursuant to current law, you are entitled to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, as well the right to deletion, restriction of processing and right to portability of your data, by attesting to your identity (by means of a copy of your national or equivalent 4 identity document) at the following address: HOTEL CONTINENTAL S.R.L., Via Roma 16, 31100, Treviso, Italy or to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you consider that HOTEL CONTINENTAL S.R.L. has failed to comply with the aforementioned rights, you may file a complaint with the Italian Data Protection Agency.
Your personal data will be kept throughout the period of your contractual relation with the Hotel.
Upon termination of the agreement, your personal data will be deleted as soon as all the actions required to manage and conclude any obligation remaining between the parties have been completed, carrying out all the administrative formalities required during this period, except in those cases where mailing of commercial communications apply.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, your data will remain duly blocked while any liabilities resulting from execution of our contractual agreement remain, or any other legal obligations with which the Hotel is required to comply.
In this regard, the Hotel guarantees that it will not process the data unless this is necessary in order to formulate, exercise or defend any complaints or claims, or when it is required to do so in order to provide Public Authorities or Judges and Courts with the data during the limitation period of your legal rights or obligations.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies consist of small text files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server, in general to facilitate users’ navigation.
Cookies are used for different purposes, have different characteristics, and can be used both by the owner of the website (Hotel Continental S.r.l.) or by third parties.
The information below relates to the Cookies installed on this Website and the necessary instructions on how to manage user preferences about them.
COOKIES USED IN THIS WEBSITE
Cookies do not contain any information that could personally identify the user.
Information resulting from the user navigation in the Website, and collected through the Cookies, may be used by Hotel Continental s.r.l. for the overall management of this Website. In particular, the following Cookies are used:
A) Technical Cookies
These specific Cookies are related to activities that are strictly necessary for the proper operation of the Website and ensure the fruition/use of its services. These types of Cookies do not require any consent from the user, however it is installed automatically when he/she accesses the Website.
B) Non-technical Cookies
Cookies, other than the technical ones specified above, are installed or activated only after the express consent of the user during his/her first access to the Website.
A user can give his/her consent in two different ways: by following the instructions in the banner on the landing page of the Website, (clicking ” accept ” or any other element) or, selectively, according to the instructions given below.
If the user does not interact with the consent form and exits the information note, by closing it or by continuing the navigation through the Website, he/she gives his/her consent for all the Cookies.
This consent is tracked during the subsequent user’s visits.
The user will always have the ability to revoke all or part of the consent already expressed following the instructions contained in the section “Manage Cookies used by the Website”.
COOKIES MANAGED BY THIRD PARTIES
1. Cookies for advertisement profiling
They are used to deliver targeted advertisements based on the interests/shown during the users’ navigation in internet.
2. Retargeting Cookies
They are used to send advertisements to the users who has previously visited the Website.
3. Social networking Cookies
They are used to share contents on social networks.
Hotel Continental s.r.l. has no control over this data and its use. Find below the name of the third parties that manage them and, for each one, the link to the page where the user can find the information on their treatment and give his/her consent.
4. Statistics Cookies
They are used by third parties, also in broken-down form, for the management of statistics.
Hotel Continental s.r.l. utilizes :
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
Users can always manage their preferences about Cookies through their browser as follows. To learn more about the type of browser and the version installed on his/her computer, the user should select ” Help ” at the top of the browser window.
A) BLOCKING COOKIES
Most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies.
- in Internet Explorer, by clicking “Tools “, “Internet Options” , “Privacy” and selecting “Block All Cookies”. All instructions are available on the site https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10-win-7
- in Firefox, by clicking “Tools “, ” Options” and deselecting “Enable the anti tracking of personal data” in the ” Privacy “. All instructions are available on the site https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-site-preferences
- in Google Chrome, following the instructions provided in the website https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- in Apple, following the instructions provided in the website http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#security
B) DELETING COOKIES
Users can always delete cookies already stored on their computer:
- in Internet Explorer, by clicking by clicking “Tools “, “Internet Options” , “Privacy” and selecting “Block All Cookies”. All instructions are available on the site https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10-win-7
- in Firefox, by clicking “Tools “, ” Options” and deselecting “Enable the anti tracking of personal data” in the ” Privacy “. All instructions are available on the site https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- in Google Chrome, following the instructions provided in the website: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- in Apple, following the instructions provided in the website: http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#security